Stiller TAC actions are designed for tactical use. They can also be used for long range hunting. They are 416R stainless steel with a black oxide coating. The TAC 338 is specifically designed for the 338 Lapua Magnum or 378 Weatherby based cartridges. The TAC 338 is a also larger than the standard TAC action. It is 0.050" larger in diameter and 0.465" longer. That is needed to accommodate the 0.750" diameter bolt that we feel is necessary for this cartridge. The TAC 338 has no feed lips and can use only center feed box magazines. The TAC 338 uses a straight bolt handle with a screw-on bolt knob. The bolt finish is black iron nitride QPQ.
- Not a drop-in fit for Remington 700 footprint inlets. 0.050" larger in diameter and 0.465" longer than standard Remington 700 footprint.
- Specifically designed for the 338 Lapua Magnum or 378 Weatherby based cartridges
- All action bodies use 416R stainless steel hardened to 41 Rockwell C.
- Black Oxide Coating
- Right Handed
- Black Iron Nitride QPQ style coating on bolt for smooth action and galling prevention. Bolt is also factory lapped. Bolts are spiral fluted.
- Lapua Bolt Face; for calibers such as 300 Lapua and 338 Lapua,
- Rails incorporate anti-bind rail for smooth operation when sliding bolt across port cutout.
- Receiver has no feed lips and uses only center feed box magazines
- Side bolt release
- Bases secured with 8-40 screws and two anti-shear pins
- Pinned recoil lug
- Mini M-16 style extractor
- Plunger ejector
***MUST SHIP TO AN FFL***
- Red Hawk Rifles LLC. will transfer ownership of any firearm/receiver ONLY to individuals or agencies in possession of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). We cannot ship to individuals without a valid FFL.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to check and comply with local, state, and federal laws. The buyer assumes all legality, liability and responsibility for the condition, use & security/storage of the firearm/receiver purchased.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the FFL dealer. Be aware that it is customary for your local dealer to charge a transaction fee at the time you pick up your purchase.This transfer fee is strictly between you and your local dealer. It is your responsibility to check with your local dealer concerning any policy of this kind and concerning your obligations.
- You the buyer are responsible for forwarding a copy of the FFL and all pertinent contact information to Red Hawk Rifles LLC. FFL’s can be sent to: