The first purpose-built hunting chassis from MDT. Weighing in starting at 26oz (for chassis, buttstock, fore end and grip combined), this is one of the most ultra-light hunting chassis on the market. The MDT HNT26 is sold as a complete hunting chassis system including magnesium chassis base, carbon fiber fore end, carbon fiber grip and foam filled carbon fiber buttstock.
MDT Chassis Systems were designed for sports and tactical shooting. However over the years MDT found that their chassis were often used in hunting, especially their lighter chassis such as our LSS Chassis system. But they had never purpose-built a chassis system solely for hunting, until now..
The MDT HNT26 Chassis System is MDT's first truly purpose built hunting chassis. This legendary hunting chassis provides you with all of the usual benefits that you expect from a rifle chassis such as v-block bedding, LOP and comb adjustment, AICS magazine compatibility etc, but weighs in starting at a mere 26oz (for the standard fixed version).
The MDT HNT26 Chassis is constructed of a magnesium alloy base, with a carbon fiber fore end, a carbon fiber grip and a foam filled carbon fiber buttstock. With the increased number of hunters using ARCA tripods, there is an option to choose a carbon fiber fore end with an integral ARCA rail, as well as a foldable buttstock version for compact storage.
- Chassis body machined from AZ61A magnesium alloy
- We carry the folding version but a fixed version is also available for special order
- Ultralight weight design weighing between 26oz and 31oz depending on configuration chosen (folding version and ARCA version increase weight to the high end of this scale)
- Foam filled carbon fiber buttstock deadens sound, vibrations and felt recoil
- Carbon Fiber components provide warm to touch feel
- Designed to diminish snag points and provide superior ergonomics
- Low profile mag latch integrates seamlessly into trigger guard
- V-Block bedding system with free floating barrel
- Will accommodate barrels up to 1.25” diameter
- Compatible with AICS style magazines
- Front and rear QD
- Front and rear sling swivel mounts
- Vertically adjustable cheek riser with soft touch foam pad
- 12.5” minimum length of pull with adjustable spacer system
- Accepts most AR Grips but specifically designed with ultra lightweight Carbon fiber grip just over 1oz
- Carbon fiber enclosed fore end with MLOK, QD mount, Sling Swivel Mount
- Titanium action / grip screws
WHAT YOU GET AND WHAT YOU NEED
The MDT HNT26 Chassis is sold as a complete hunting chassis system with magnesium chassis base, foam filled carbon fiber buttstock, carbon fiber fore end and carbon fiber grip included.
To complete this chassis build all that you will need an AICS magazine.