Increase accuracy and ergonomics of your rifle with our LSS-XL Gen2 chassis system. The LSS-XL Gen2 is a longer and more feature-rich version of the MDT LSS chassis system. The LSS-XL Gen2 has been updated with a bold, modern new look inspired by the popularity of the ESS chassis line, while maintaining and improving upon the overall aesthetic of an MDT chassis.
The LSS-XL Gen2 allows you to convert your bolt action rifle to a highly versatile rifle allowing you to adjust the ergonomics with the use of AR-15 buttstocks and grips, and at the same time converting it to an external box magazine fed rifle.
The original LSS-XL Gen2 chassis system was designed as a variant of our highly popular LSS chassis. The LSS chassis was designed for use with compact, short barreled rifles. Many customers liked the LSS chassis, but wanted to use a fixed buttstock, and get their bipod out further forward.
This prompted MDT to design the first-generation LSS-XL chassis system, which has a fore end extended by 3" and was designed to accept fixed rifle stocks without the need of using any adapters.
The Gen2 lineup incorporates the following new features:
- Bold, modern new look
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Thumb rest above trigger guard
- Larger barrel channel to accommodate barrels up to the diameter of the action
- M-Lok pattern attachment slots on all five sides of the fore end
- Barricade-stop grooves ahead of mag-well
- Side-relieved mag well to accommodate bulging magazines
- Carbine and fixed buttstock interface options
The chassis is designed with V-shaped bedding surfaces, allowing you to drop your rifle right in without the need for additional bedding. The bottom profile of the V-block cutout has been kept round and close to the action without making contact, maintaining maximum strength. The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis will free float barrels up to 1.350” diameter.
MOUNTING AND COMPATIBLE ACCESSORIES
- The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis are designed to accept any AR-15 buttstock and pistol grip (purchased separately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of Accessories available on the market.
- The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis accepts AICS-pattern external box magazines, and supports the installation of M-LOK patterned accessories along the fore end.
- Note: Long action magazines come in 4 different lengths: 3.560”, 3.715", 3.775" and 3.850". We carry the 3.850 CIP option.
- The chassis will accept recoil lugs up to .350" (8.9mm) thick.
- Increases accuracy by up to 21%
- CNC Machined from 6061 Aluminum
- Cerakote finish in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- M-Lok pattern attachment system on all 5 faces of the fore end
- Carbine buttstock interface option designed for carbine AR-15 buttstocks, including the MDT Skeleton Carbine Stock
- Accepts most AR-15 Pistol Grips
- Lightweight, free-floating modular fore end
- Will accommodate barrels up to 1.350" diameter
- Compatible with AICS style magazines
- Weight: 1.6lb - 2.0lb, depending on the rifle model
WHAT YOU GET, AND WHAT YOU NEED
The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis system comes as a 1-piece chassis, with all required mounting hardware included. This includes new action screws, and a screw for the pistol grip.
To complete this chassis on your rifle, the additional items you need to purchase are:
- Any AR-15 buttstock.
- A buffer tube for your buttstock. (Both mil-spec and commercial work on our chassis for carbine interface and require a castle nut)
- An AR-15 Pistol Grip. For fixed interface chassis, a grip without a beavertail, or with a soft (bendable) beavertail must be used.
- At least one AICS pattern magazine
Dimensions shown are based on Remington 700 Short Action.