The Predator action is designed for hunting or competition use. It is a 416R stainless steel action with a Remington 700 style footprint. Short actions have 223, 308 and magnum bolt faces, long actions have 308 or magnum bolt faces. The 223 bolt face uses the sako style extractor, while the others use a modified M16 type. The Predator has a number of features that factory actions lack. It has an extended magazine well for the hand loader who likes to seat his bullets longer than factory ammo. It uses the most dependable extractor available today and has an enlarged primary extraction camming surface. It uses #6 screws for scope base mounting. The bolt is one piece, hand lapped to the action and fluted for better in field function. The firing pin is fluted for faster lock time and is fully supported within the bolt body. The bolt handle is threaded for the bolt knob of choice.
- All action bodies use 416R stainless steel hardened to 41 Rockwell C.
- Remington 700 footprint configuration
- Black Iron Nitride QPQ style coating on bolt for smooth action and galling prevention. Bolt is also factory lapped. Bolts are spiral fluted.
- Standard Bolt Face; for calibers such as 243 Win, 308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor Etc.
- Rails incorporate anti-bind rail for smooth operation when sliding bolt across port cutout.
- Extended magazine cutout for use with HS Precision or Wyatt Outdoors extended magazines as well as factory Remington.
- Side bolt release which is positioned above the stock line
- Bead blasted matte finish.
- Bases secured with 6-48 screws and two anti-sheer pins
- Full round back and smaller port allow for a much stiffer action and perfect scope alignment.
- Pinned recoil lug
- Uses industry standard Remington style firing pin with 0.068 diameter.
- Mini M-16 style extractor
- Plunger ejector
- All actions use 1.0625-16 tpi, 0.700 inch headspace.
- All CNC machined.
***MUST SHIP TO A FFL***
- Red Hawk Rifles LLC. will transfer ownership of any firearm/receiver ONLY to individuals or agencies in possession of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). We cannot ship to individuals without a valid FFL.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to check and comply with local, state, and federal laws. The buyer assumes all legality, liability and responsibility for the condition, use & security/storage of the firearm/receiver purchased.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the FFL dealer. Be aware that it is customary for your local dealer to charge a transaction fee at the time you pick up your purchase.This transfer fee is strictly between you and your local dealer. It is your responsibility to check with your local dealer concerning any policy of this kind and concerning your obligations.
- You the buyer are responsible for forwarding a copy of the FFL and all pertinent contact information to Red Hawk Rifles LLC. FFL’s can be sent to: